|Published:||May 14, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Englewood Animal Rescue Sanctuary, also called EARS, is throwing a birthday bash for its beloved mascot Rascal.
The American Bulldog is turning 9-years old this weekend and EARS has a full day of festivities planned Saturday.
EARS is a no-kill, non-profit shelter that rehabilitates animals and is using Rascal's party as a chance to raise money for the cause it supports. According to the shelter, the cost to care for its animals each month is roughly $12,000.
Rascal's party takes place at Black Widow Harley Davidson Saturday, May 18th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The address is 2224 El Jobean Rd. in Port Charlotte.
There will be a spider jump, bungee run and obstacle course for the kids. Adults can expect entertainment, food, beer, vendors, raffles, and a silent auctions. Kix Country will be doing a live broadcast that day, and Pig In or Pig Out from Clewiston will be there providing delicious barbeque. Guests with a motorcycle are invited to dress it up. The most patriotic bikes win big prizes.
For more information on EARS visit the website here.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan