|Published:||May 14, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Englewood Animal Rescue Sanctuary, also called EARS, is throwing a birthday bash for its beloved mascot Rascal.
The American Bulldog is turning 9-years old this weekend and EARS has a full day of festivities planned Saturday.
EARS is a no-kill, non-profit shelter that rehabilitates animals and is using Rascal's party as a chance to raise money for the cause it supports. According to the shelter, the cost to care for its animals each month is roughly $12,000.
Rascal's party takes place at Black Widow Harley Davidson Saturday, May 18th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The address is 2224 El Jobean Rd. in Port Charlotte.
There will be a spider jump, bungee run and obstacle course for the kids. Adults can expect entertainment, food, beer, vendors, raffles, and a silent auctions. Kix Country will be doing a live broadcast that day, and Pig In or Pig Out from Clewiston will be there providing delicious barbeque. Guests with a motorcycle are invited to dress it up. The most patriotic bikes win big prizes.
For more information on EARS visit the website here.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage