|Published:||May 13, 2013 8:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police Department hosted a candlelight vigil honoring Fort Myers Police Officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. The ceremony coincides with National Police Week, May 12th – 18th, a time when the entire nation remembers the brave men and women who have died protecting America’s cities, towns, neighborhoods, residents and visitors.
The ceremony will take place at FMPD headquarters located at 2210 Widman Way, in-front of the Law Enforcement Memorial, which pays tribute to the following fallen officers: Officer Andrew Widman, Officer Phillip Lebid, Officer Daniel Starks, Detective Mark Bolhouse, Sergeant Logan Scott, Lieutenant Matthew Hisler, K-9 Rosco and K-9 Konig.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape