|Published:||May 13, 2013 5:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2013 5:56 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Gov. Rick Scott has signed a death warrant for a man convicted of killing two women and leaving a third woman for dead.
The governor's office reported Monday that 49-year-old Marshall Lee Gore is scheduled to die by lethal injection at Florida State Prison near Raiford at 6 p.m. on June 24.
Gore killed Susan Roark and Robyn Novick and attempted to kill Tina Coralis in early 1988. Roark's body was found in Columbia County, and Novick's body was discovered in a rural part of Miami-Dade County. Two days after killing Novick, Gore attacked Coralis. After beating, raping and stabbing her, Gore left Coralis her for dead on the side of the road near the scene where Novick's body was found earlier.
The death warrant refers only to the death sentence connected with the murder of Novick.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop