|Published:||May 13, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrested Richard Minnick, 43, for permitting livestock to run at large after his horse was allegedly found rummaging through garbage cans on the 17300 block of Pritchett Pkwy. on Friday.
Deputies captured the brown mare and recognized it immediately as belonging to Minnick from dealing with the runaway horse mutliple five times in 2013 alone. In one of those instances, deputies captured the horse from the roadway and returned it to Minnick's pasture. They say another time, the horse was nearly hit by a school bus, and Minnick was told to contain the animal.
Pictures were taken of the horse back in November of 2012, when it first became a problem. Minnick had been warned.
LCSO says Minnick's gate was being held closed with a flimsy piece of clothes line and a bungee cord. Deputies believe that as a contractor, Minnick should have known that method would not keep the gate secured.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect