Published: May 13, 2013 10:25 AM EDT

BRANDON, Fla. (AP) - More than 200 patrons were forced to leave the Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant in the middle of their Mother's Day meals when a fire broke out.
    
Hillsborough County fire officials say the fire started around 7:30 p.m. Sunday in restaurant in Brandon, a Tampa suburb. The manager smelled smoke and saw a haze in the dining room just before the fire alarm sounded.
    
The blaze was put out within 20 minutes.
    
Fire Rescue spokesman Ronnie Riveria says the fire was contained to a wall on the building's west side.
    
Raquel Burt told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/10035kR ) she was dining with family when the manager asked them to leave. The restaurant didn't charge for the meal, but Burt says she chased down the server to give her a tip.
    
___
    
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)