|Published:||May 13, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2013 10:25 AM EDT|
BRANDON, Fla. (AP) - More than 200 patrons were forced to leave the Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant in the middle of their Mother's Day meals when a fire broke out.
Hillsborough County fire officials say the fire started around 7:30 p.m. Sunday in restaurant in Brandon, a Tampa suburb. The manager smelled smoke and saw a haze in the dining room just before the fire alarm sounded.
The blaze was put out within 20 minutes.
Fire Rescue spokesman Ronnie Riveria says the fire was contained to a wall on the building's west side.
Raquel Burt told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/10035kR ) she was dining with family when the manager asked them to leave. The restaurant didn't charge for the meal, but Burt says she chased down the server to give her a tip.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser