|Published:||May 11, 2013 9:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2013 9:24 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The 11th Annual State Attorney's Office Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
Softball Tournament is today at the Lee County Sports Complex.
Law enforcement officers from agencies throughout Southwest Florida will be taking to the fields to play softball. More than 200 officers, deputies, prosecutors, investigators, and others will be battling it out for the Upper and Lower Division Championships.
This is a free event, open to the public. It is hosted by the State Attorney's Office to provide everyone in law enforcement an opportunity to have a free day of fun. All of the proceeds from the event go to Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers.
Events continue throughout the day. Last year, the Collier County Sheriff's Office took the trophy, so bragging rights are on the line to bring it back to Lee County.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim