|Published:||May 10, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 5:38 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriffs officials are investigating a break in at Gulfcoast Coin & Jewelry, located at 25555 S. Tamiami Trail.
Deputies responded to an alarm call of a broken window around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect likely entered through a back window facing Bernwood Pkwy. The window was shattered with a garbage can beneath it.
The K-9 unit and Crime Scene Unit responded to investigate.
LCSO says about $20,000 worth of jewelry was stolen.
The owner, Mike Joyce tells WINK News he has security cameras both inside and outside the building. He says the crooks were caught on camera, so he's confident deputies will find the those responsible.
He says the cameras show two men smashing the display cases and grabbing what they could.
Joyce says he's only been at this location on U.S. 41 and Bernwood Parkway for a few months, but has been in business for 40 years, so break-ins like this are nothing new.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire