|Published:||May 10, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 5:38 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriffs officials are investigating a break in at Gulfcoast Coin & Jewelry, located at 25555 S. Tamiami Trail.
Deputies responded to an alarm call of a broken window around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect likely entered through a back window facing Bernwood Pkwy. The window was shattered with a garbage can beneath it.
The K-9 unit and Crime Scene Unit responded to investigate.
LCSO says about $20,000 worth of jewelry was stolen.
The owner, Mike Joyce tells WINK News he has security cameras both inside and outside the building. He says the crooks were caught on camera, so he's confident deputies will find the those responsible.
He says the cameras show two men smashing the display cases and grabbing what they could.
Joyce says he's only been at this location on U.S. 41 and Bernwood Parkway for a few months, but has been in business for 40 years, so break-ins like this are nothing new.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story