|Published:||May 10, 2013 10:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla.- Authorities believe high speed played a factor in a crash that killed another motorcyclist last night.
Anthony Krizka, 26, was thrown from his motorcycle while taking the curve at the intersection of Estero Parkway and Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, just after 11:00 p.m. He was transported to Gulf Coast Hospital, where he later died.
The detective says while travelling southbound in the left lane on Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, the motorcycle passed a vehicle in the right lane and was unable to negotiate the curve and get back into the left lane. The motorcycle crossed over the median and crashed into shrubbery and small trees; then the motorcyclist was ejected from the motorcycle.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years