|Published:||May 10, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a South Florida middle school student was hospitalized after he fell running to catch a bus and was then run over.
Broward Sheriff's deputies say the unidentified teen jumped onto the exterior of the bus Friday morning and held on for about a minute before being run over by the bus.
He was taken to the hospital and will be transferred to another hospital by helicopter once he has been stabilized.
Broward homicide investigators are looking into the accident due to the severity of the boy's injuries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41