|Published:||May 10, 2013 12:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 12:09 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A California couple has been charged after police say they trashed a Miami pet hospital after their dog died during surgery.
Miami police say 31-year-old Alejandra Zavaleta and 34-year-old Edwin Vargas of Oakland, Calif., took their American bulldog, Reyes, for surgery last month at Banfield Pet Hospital.
When staff told them the dog had died, an arrest report says says the couple became extremely violent and broke computers, printers, window blinds and other medical equipment. The damage was valued at more than $5,000.
The couple was charged Friday with burglary to an occupied structure, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
The Miami Herald (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/1jKu) reports they have pleaded not guilty.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys