|Published:||May 10, 2013 5:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2013 5:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A Cape Coral race car driver is opening up about the crash that nearly cost him his life.
Geoff Styner is home from the hospital, adjusting to life with a medical apparatus called a Halo.
Styner survived the wreck at a race in Bradenton last weekend. He was in second place when he hit a wall so hard that it crushed the cage protecting him.
Speakng only with WINK News, he opened up about seeing the crash for the first time.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time