|Published:||May 09, 2013 4:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2013 6:16 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A controlled burn in Treviso Bay jumped the line Thursday afternoon, spreading to 40 acres.
Florida Forest Service, as well as mutliple other agencies are worked diligently to contain it.
Smoke could be seen across Collier County.
The controlled burn was permitted for private property on four acres, but the fire jumped the canal and spread to 40 acres.
As of 6:00 p.m., it was 90 percent contained.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL