|Published:||May 09, 2013 11:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2013 11:11 AM EDT|
MILTON, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle man has been sentenced to life in prison for beating a man so severely it caused permanent head injuries.
Timothy Donald Helton was sentenced Wednesday, following a Jan. 17 conviction in the May 2011 attack.
The Northwest Florida Daily News (http://bit.ly/10cWnaP ) reports Helton beat two men in a Navarre home, striking one with a "homemade" weapon. He then left the home, but returned a short time later.
Officials say Helton got out of the truck with a metal pipe and threw it at the second man. The attack crushed the man's skull.
Doctors who testified at the trial said the second victim need a titanium plate inserted in his head.
Information from: Northwest Florida Daily News (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.), http://www.nwfdailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB