|Published:||May 09, 2013 12:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2013 12:57 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Daniel Ventura will spend 16 years in prison for killing a man back in 2010. Ventura pleaded no contest this morning to manslaughter with a firearm for beating and strangling Larrick Sikes.
Sikes' family says the two men were friends at one point.
Before the case went to trial, another murder defendant, Brian Casey, came forward saying he hired Ventura to commit the murder.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft