|Published:||May 09, 2013 4:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2013 4:50 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday, May 13th at 6:00 a.m., the Fort Myers Police Department will host a candlelight vigil honoring Fort Myers Police Officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. The ceremony coincides with National Police Week, May 12th – 18th, a time when the entire nation remembers the brave men and women who have died protecting America’s cities, towns, neighborhoods, residents and visitors.
The ceremony will take place at FMPD headquarters located at 2210 Widman Way, in-front of the Law Enforcement Memorial, which pays tribute to the following fallen officers: Officer Andrew Widman, Officer Phillip Lebid, Officer Daniel Starks, Detective Mark Bolhouse, Sergeant Logan Scott, Lieutenant Matthew Hisler, K-9 Rosco and K-9 Konig.
Thousands of law enforcement officers put their lives at great risk to protect others each day. National Police Week is a time to pause and reflect on their incredible sacrifices. Citizens and members of the media are welcome to join us as we respect, honor and remember those who have died in the line of duty.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral