|Published:||May 09, 2013 11:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2013 11:07 AM EDT|
POINCIANA, Fla. (AP) - Polk County Sheriff's deputies say two men armed with guns and a machete forced a 20-year-old man to tie up his father, then raped his mother and poured bleach over her body.
The attack happened Monday night in the central Florida community of Poinciana.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Thursday that the suspects are brothers and one man is in custody. The other is still at large.
The Lakeland Ledger (http://bit.ly/1934BmH) reports the suspects approached the 20-year-old while he stood outside a house talking on his phone and forced him into the residence, where his mother and father live.
Once inside, the men demanded money and jewelry.
Judd said the men tied up the 20-year-old after forcing him to bind his father. They raped his mother.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- Case against man accused of spreading HIV will go forward
- Fla. has highest insurance rates in nation
- Suspects hold woman at gunpoint as they steal her vehicle
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe