|Published:||May 08, 2013 11:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 08, 2013 11:20 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Charges are pending against a Tampa man who police say blew off two of his fingers with fireworks.
Police said 41-year-old James Lee Minyard called 911 Tuesday and said he had blown off two fingers in an accident. Minyard was taken to the hospital and is undergoing surgery. His injuries are not life-threatening.
While searching the scene for evidence, authorities said they found a handmade improvised explosive device. The area was shut down and the bomb squad was called.
No other details were released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve