|Published:||May 08, 2013 4:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 08, 2013 4:13 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Port Charlotte man was arrested Tuesday at Promenades Mall when he made arrangements to purchase narcotics from undercover Sheriff's Narcotics detectives while he was on his lunch break from work.
James Nicholas Molitor, 30, of 19266 Edgewater Dr., was charged with Purchasing Oxycodone and Resisting an Officer without Violence.
Undercover detectives were contacted by Molitor who wanted to purchase Oxycodone pills. Molitor told them he worked at business at the Promenades Mall and could meet them when he was on his lunch break. They arranged to meet in the Promenades parking lot.
When the detectives pulled into the parking lot, they called Molitor to tell him where they were parked. Molitor got into the car with the detective, handing him $40. The undercover detective handed Molitor two placebo Oxycodone pills.
At the completion of the deal, the detective signaled to other Sheriff’s Office units, who pulled behind the undercover vehicle with their emergency lights on. Molitor exited the car and attempted to run away. Detectives used a Taser to subdue Molitor.
He was placed under arrest and transported to the Charlotte County Jail. He was released on a $6,000 bond.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo