|Published:||May 07, 2013 11:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 11:11 AM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Florida's fastest supercomputer is making its debut.
The University of Florida is dedicating its new HiPerGator computer on Tuesday in Gainesville.
The HiPerGator processes data at 150 trillion calculations per second. It will be used for research ranging from drug development to the origins of the universe.
The computer was manufactured by Dell.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week