|Published:||May 07, 2013 5:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 5:14 PM EDT|
LEESBURG, Fla. (AP) - Leesburg Police officials say an officer has shot and killed a man during a traffic stop altercation.
Police said the officers pulled over the unidentified victim Tuesday morning when a fight ensued and shots were fired. No other details were given.
The man was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will investigate.
WKMG-TV (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/1jIP) reports the office will be placed on administrative leave during the investigation, which is standard policy.
Information from: WKMG-TV, http://www.local6.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs