|Published:||May 07, 2013 11:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 11:33 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Home owners in Estero are mixed on the upcoming Hertz headquarters, fearing it will continue construction and traffic at a busy intersection.
The headquarters building will go on 34 acres that Hertz has the option to buy at the northeast corner of U.S. 41 and Williams Road.
"I've seen this place grow from a cow pasture to gated communities, a gravel road to a cement road. I've seen it all," said Bill Rosenthal, who lives down Williams Road from the site.
Some residents think the massive headquarters will continue to plague the area with construction and traffic woes.
Widening from four lanes to six is under way on both U.S. 41 from Corkscrew Road to San Carlos Boulevard in Estero and on Bonita Beach Road from Old 41 Road to Lime Street in Bonita Springs.
The $14.2 million road-widening in Estero along a 2-mile stretch is expected to be completed in late summer after 2 1/2 years after beginning in 2011.
"It's very hard when you're coming off Williams Road to make turns left or right and now you're going to have that added on to it. It's going to be a clutter mess," said Rosenthal.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end