|Published:||May 07, 2013 5:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 5:16 PM EDT|
KENNETH, Fla. (AP) - Police have arrested a southwest Florida man they say broke into his ex-girlfriend's condominium, held her captive and sexually assaulted her.
Kenneth City Police said 20-year-old Preston Meierhoff hid in a bedroom until his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend arrived. When they arrived, authorities said Meierhoff attacked Nicholas Matthews and forced him to leave the apartment with his girlfriend inside.
Matthews called police and warned them that Meierhoff had held the victim against her will a few weeks ago and that she had been unable to escape for some time. Matthews also told police Meierhoff had made violent threats against her.
Police said they broke into the victim's condo Tuesday and found Meierhoff sexually assaulting the victim.
He was charged with battery, sexual battery, burglary to a residence, and false imprisonment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire