|Published:||May 07, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- On Wednesday, May 15, at 10:00 a.m., Charlotte County Emergency Management, in partnership with Charlotte County Fire/EMS and the City of Punta Gorda Public Safety, will facilitate a full scale exercise to familiarize and coordinate key emergency response agencies with the responsibilities and procedures during a water-borne multi-casualty, large scale incident in Charlotte County waterways.
Citizens in the area of US 41 and the Peace River Bridge will begin to see emergency vehicle activity, both on land and in the water, at approx. 7:00 a.m. the morning of the exercise. The staging area for the exercise will be located at Laishley Park in Punta Gorda.
To eliminate public confusion or panic, CC Emergency Management wants residents to know multiple emergency marine vessels will be responding to a mock incident with moulage victims, smoke, and possibly emergency air rescue support.
- Deputies arrest youth football coach on drug charges
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire