|Published:||May 06, 2013 9:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2013 9:21 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a woman who jumped off the Rickenbacker Causeway's William Powell Bridge may have done so on a dare from friends.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/ZKKf0V ) reports a snorkeler told authorities he saw the woman leap off the bridge about 6 p.m. Sunday. He says the woman landed on her back. She struggled in the water and he swam over to her.
Officials say witnesses heard people encouraging her to jump.
The woman was taken to a hospital for observation, but was in stable condition.
Police say they don't consider the jump a suicide attempt.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect