|Published:||May 06, 2013 9:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2013 9:21 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a woman who jumped off the Rickenbacker Causeway's William Powell Bridge may have done so on a dare from friends.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/ZKKf0V ) reports a snorkeler told authorities he saw the woman leap off the bridge about 6 p.m. Sunday. He says the woman landed on her back. She struggled in the water and he swam over to her.
Officials say witnesses heard people encouraging her to jump.
The woman was taken to a hospital for observation, but was in stable condition.
Police say they don't consider the jump a suicide attempt.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one