|Published:||May 06, 2013 9:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2013 9:19 AM EDT|
NORTH MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - Police are investigating after a man was shot to death during a baby shower at a North Miami community center.
A spokesman for the North Miami Police Department told The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/13Y2ZcW ) that officers detained members of the party for questioning after the Sunday evening shooting.
The dead man is in his early 20s. Police haven't released his name.
The shooting took place in the Gwen Margolis Community Center around 8:30 p.m. Investigators were still on the scene late Sunday.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Excavator catches fire at Bonita construction site
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors