|Published:||May 06, 2013 11:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2013 11:36 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Dear Mr. President, please order the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign Tim Tebow.
That was the gist of a petition started by some Jaguars fans Monday, hoping President Barack Obama makes their team bring the popular quarterback to Jacksonville for a happy homecoming.
It received a few hundred signatures before being removed from the White House's "We The People" website because "it is in violation of our Terms of Participation." The petition stated that if the Jaguars "sign & START Tebow, home games will be sold out, sales will spike, the team will win and the fans will be happy."
Tebow, released by the New York Jets last Monday, is a free agent. But new Jaguars general manager David Caldwell has said he isn't interested in adding Tebow to his team.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge