|Published:||May 06, 2013 11:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2013 6:27 AM EDT|
EAST NAPLES, Fla.- Flames broke out at an East Naples storage facility Monday night, sending firefighters from multiple departments rushing to the scene.
Fire officials tell WINK News nine of the units at Cain Jones Self Storage near Airport Pulling Road S. and Radio Road were on fire. Firefighters tell us, this is a very labor intensive fire because they have to cut through the doors of each unit.
Firefighters from East Naples, North Naples and the City of Naples responded. Collier County Sheriff's Deputies were also on the scene blocking traffic from heading east on Radio Road from Airport Road. As of midnight, Radio Road heading east was still blocked.
Firefighters say this is a personal storage facility rather than an industrial facility so that means they're dealing with clothing and furniture versus clemiclas. They say they will be on scene all night , cutting through those storage units to knock down the flames.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida