|Published:||May 06, 2013 11:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2013 11:21 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A Collier County pilot and his passenger are safe tonight after an emergency landing.
The sheriff's office says the man safely landed a Cessna 182 on a dirt road on 50th Avenue Southeast in the Picayune Strand National Forest. We're told the men were part of the Naples Flying Club
The plane took off from the Naples Airport and had mechanical problems after being in the air for 20 minutes. We're told there was no damage to the plane and both men were not hurt.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop