|Published:||May 05, 2013 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 05, 2013 10:29 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A special story in today's News-Press takes a look the revolving door at local emergency rooms.
Frank Gluck, the writer and one of our partners at the News-Press joined us on WINK News Now Weekend morning to talk about the article and what he learned from compiling research.
As the story explains, repeat patients made up 4 percent of all Lee Memorial Health System ER patients last year, but accounted for nearly 25 percent of all health system emergency visits and costs.
You can pick up a copy of today's News-Press to learn more about repeat patients and how Lee Memorial officials are trying to curb the trend.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.