|Published:||May 03, 2013 11:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 03, 2013 11:10 PM EDT|
BRANDON, Fla.- Over 90 students were treated at a Brandon middle school after a student reportedly discharged a pepper spray canister at other students in a hallway Friday afternoon.
Hillsborough Sheriff's officials say the building was immediately evacuated but 93 students and three teachers were affected.
Hillsborough Fire Rescue crews are at McLane Middle School, along with multiple EMS crews that are treating children and teachers in the school's cafeteria. In all, 37 people were taken to Brandon Regional Hospital for treatment. All injuries were minor.
Authorities are working to find out who discharged the pepper spray.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean