|Published:||May 03, 2013 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 03, 2013 11:42 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla.- Three Lakeland students have been arrested for plans to cause "chaos" at Sleepy Hill Middle School, police say.
School personnel contacted Lakeland Police on Thursday in reference to "disturbing information they had seen on a student's notebook." The school resource officer immediately made contact with the student and began an investigation.
Through the investigation, police say they found out the student, along with two others, were making plans to cause "chaos" at their middle school. Officers say the ring leader may have been interested in satanism and expressed a desire to "hurt people". There was also evidence that the students researched how to make bombs online. Police say they don't think the kids had the money or the knowledge to actually implement their plans but they say any threat to a school is taken very seriously.
The students, between 12 and 13 years old, were arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit aggravated battery and conspiracy to construct destructive devices. Police don't think any other students were involved in the plot.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes