|Published:||May 02, 2013 10:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 02, 2013 10:54 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A Charlotte Technical Center student says his eyes were wide open when the charter bus he was in crashed into an on-coming car early yesterday morning in Leon County.
The bus had passengers from both Charlotte and Collier counties It was heading south when it hit a vehicle driving the wrong way on Interstate 10 near Tallahassee. The woman driving the car died.
Brent Stump says he was sitting four rows from the front of the bus when he braced for impact. He says, "It was pure chaos. People and objects getting thrown everywhere in the bus. A friend of mine was able to assist others getting the door open I helped him take a couple people off the bus."
Stump is an Air Force veteran who served in Iraq. He injured his shoulder but he says the crash could have been much worse. Several other students also had minor injuries.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time