|Published:||May 02, 2013 7:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 02, 2013 5:43 PM EDT|
EAST NAPLES, FL - An early morning fire inside an East Naples mobile home has many neighbors speechless.
"We all look out for each other so its just a bad thing, sad," said neighbor Gina Gasser.
98 year old Francis Krupa, her daughter, 75 year old Deloris Round, and a dog were inside. The fire killed Krupa and the family pet.
"It's a loss, all I can say is to live 98 years old and then lose your life in an accident as such is just devastating," said Gasser.
Round was transported to Physician's Regional Hospital then later to a burn unit in Miami.
"They were both bed ridden, both of them, they both were immobile," said neighbor Eddy Hensley.
Eddy Hensley lives next door and says Round is like a grandmother to him.
"God, she's okay."
Officials said after smelling smoke, Round activated her Life Alert which quickly alerted 911.
"They were here within a very short time," said Gasser.
And at that time, fire fighters worked hard to also keep the neighbors safe.
"They did a very good job to stop the fire with no exposures to either sides," said East Naples Fire Chief Kingman Schuldt.
The State Fire Marshall and Collier County Sheriff's Office are both investigating.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.