|Published:||May 02, 2013 3:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 02, 2013 4:20 PM EDT|
Cape Coral Police have arrested a woman in connection with theft of baby formula from several stores in Lee and Charlotte counties over the last two months.
Jenny Fasching, 31, is charged with several counts of Grand Theft for allegedly stealing tens of thousands of dollars worth of infant formula from area Publix and Walmart stores.
Authorites say, from mid-March thru late April, Fasching would steal the infant formula, sometimes as much as $1,800 worth at a time, and sell it on internet sites such as Craigslist.
Detectives were able to identify Fasching via in-store surveillance video and developed probable cause for her arrest. On Wednesday May 1st, Cape Coral Police detectives located Fasching at her parents’ home and took her into custody. Fasching admitted to detectives that she indeed stole the infant formula and sold it to support a drug habit.
Fasching is currently in the Lee County Jail without bond. She has been previously arrested in Sarasota and Manatee Counties for theft of infant formula.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes