|Published:||May 01, 2013 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2013 10:41 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police fatally shot man following a 90-minute standoff at a Jacksonville mobile home park.
Authorities say the man came running out of a home at the Countryside Villages mobile home park Tuesday night.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/13LmUf6 ) reports the man started firing a weapon as he ran, hollering hysterically. Officers opened fire on him and he fell to the ground.
Before the man ran out of the house, officers had been talking to him on a loud speaker, trying to get him to surrender.
The man's name hasn't been released. Neighbors told the newspaper a man and his stepfather live in the mobile home.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire