|Published:||May 01, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2013 1:32 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- Fort Myers Beach is registering residents and business owners for re-entry passes for the 2013 hurricane seasons.
Applications can be obtained online at www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov or at Town Hall. Applicants must complete application and supply supporting documents to qualify for issuance of passes. To expedite the process please bring 2012 tags or re-entry pass numbers and Photo I.D. Proof of residency is required. The owner, tenant and business should have one of the following: utility bill, P.M. license, lease, deed/tax bill, occupational license, business tax bill, company letter authorizing pass issuance. Applicants may also drop off an application during regular business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for processing, please allow several days for processing.
Fort Myers Beach is also encouraging all residents and business owners to update their Code Red Notification registration. The Town uses the Code Red Notification system to notify those registered of important information during an emergency situation and precautionary boil water notifications. It is necessary to update registration when you move locations on the island or change a phone number or e-mail address. Registration is handled through the Town’s website at www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov under the “For Islanders” section of the Home Page.
Instructions and Guidelines
In advance of each hurricane season, the Town of Fort Myers Beach issues Hurricane Re-Entry Passes to islanders and to island businesses. The purpose of these passes is to expedite re-entry to Estero Island once a mandatory evacuation order has been lifted. This service is provided to islanders free of charge, however registration and annual renewal is required.
- Complete the application, including your signature and date.
- Be sure to include your pass(es) number on the application, if this is a renewal, to insure that the database can be kept current. This will also assist us in replacing a lost or stolen pass.
- The Town of Fort Myers Beach Re-entry Pass Application is located in the link at the bottom of this page, or can be found HERE. Applicants are encouraged to download and print out the .PDF forms provided on the website.
- For your convenience you can:
- drop off the application and supporting information at Town Hall, located at 2523 Estero Blvd.;
- fax the application and supporting information to 239-765-0909;
- mail the application and supporting information to: Town of Fort Myers Beach, 2523 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
- e-mail application and supporting information to
(When using one of these methods above, please allow for adequate time to process the application and mail the pass. Please provide a mailing address if it is other than the local addresses required on the application.)
- process your application at one of the designated Re-entry Pass locations. The locations, dates and times will be posted each year on the Town’s website, at Town Hall and in the local papers.
Please be certain to include or bring with you all requested information when submitting the application. Your application can not be processed without the required supporting information
- Re-Entry Passes are property of the Town of Fort Myers Beach. The Town has authority to deny issue or repeal issued pass from anyone for reasons of providing false information.
- A fee will be assessed for lost or stolen replacement passes.
2nd Replacement- $20.00
- Passes are non transferrable.
To register, please provide the following:
1. State issued photo identification (i.e.: Driver’s License, Passport, Government issued ID).
2. Proof of Residency: Tax bill or Deed for property owners; current lease or letter from landlordandcurrent utility bill for renters. (Max 2 Issued)
3. Businesses: Current tax bill or occupational license. (Max 3 Issued)
- Property Managers: Property Managers License and list of properties managed. (1 pass per 5 properties managed, Max 5 Issued)
Passes should be hung on the rearview mirror or placed on driver’s side dashboard.
Download the application and instructions HERE.
Town of Fort Myers Beach
2523 Estero Boulevard
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
Fax (239) 765-0909