|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 10:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 12:38 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A 75-year-old Naples woman was hit by a car and killed on Monday, at the intersection of Goodlette Rd. N. and 5th Ave. N.
Naples Police arrived on the scene just before 8:30 p.m. and found Oriana Jean unconscious and lying in the roadway. Naples Fire Department and Collier County EMS arrived immediately thereafter, initiated rescue operations and transported the victim to Naples Community Hospital, where she later died of her injuries.
The vehicle, a 2003 Lexus driven by 76-year-old Joseph Decker, of Michigan, was traveling northbound in the outside lane with a green traffic light. At the same time the pedestrian was crossing Goodlette Rd. N. in the cross walk, at the intersection of 5th Ave. N. where she was struck by the vehicle.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool