|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 3:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 3:30 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Cape Coral High School student David Flynn has signed to play at NCAA Aurora University near Chicago, according to basketball coach Tom Kenna.
Flynn led the Cape Coral basketball team to the District and Regional playoffs. He averaged 13 points per game and 7 rebounds per game and became one of the few Cape players to reach the 1,000 point career total.
Flynn was selected for the Lee County All-Star Team, and as the Honorable Mention All-County. Flynn is graduating from the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Cape High with a 5.11 GPA.
Head Coach James Lancaster from Aurora is happy to have David.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer