|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 6:51 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 6:51 AM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Sarasota County Sheriff's officials say an office manager is accused of performing a surgical procedure on a patient's face at her brother's cosmetic surgery office.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports 44-year-old Christine Patterson was arrested this week and charged with practicing medicine without a license.
Authorities say a patient wen to Sarasota Surgical Arts for a follow-up visit with Dr. Alberico Sessa the day after surgery in April 2011.
The newspaper reports that Patterson examined the patient and re-wrapped the bandages. The next day, the patient returned with a swollen face. Patterson contacted Sessa, who was out of town. She decided to insert a drain and remove the excess fluid.
Officials say Patterson was released on bond and is prohibited from contact with any of Sessa's patients.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013