|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 6:05 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The driver of the truck that crashed into an unoccupied house on Gibraltar Drive yesterday was cited for careless driving.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s deputies who investigated the crash cited 26-year-old James R. Brown with careless driving after the white Ford pickup truck he was driving crashed through the side of a house at the corner of Gibraltar Drive and Easy Street.
Brown told deputies that he apparently had blacked out as he was driving along Gibraltar. His truck swerved off the road, went through the lawn of a house at one corner of Gibraltar and Easy, hit a red Chevrolet that was stopped at the stop sign at the intersection and continued on to hit the side of the house at the other corner.
Brown’s truck embedded the entire hood area into the side of the house which was unoccupied at the time. Both the driver of the Chevrolet and Brown’s passenger were transported to local hospitals.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman