|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 1:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 4:10 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Port Charlotte man is being charged with Attempted Second Degree Murder after allegedly firing a gun at another man in a vehicle early this morning.
Christopher W. Hook, 27, of 1314 Beacon Drive, is in the process of being booked into the Charlotte County Jail on charges of Attempted Second Degree Murder.
Charlotte County Sheriff’s deputies were called shortly before 5:30 this morning after a man said someone at 1314 Beacon Drive shot at him. The victim was not injured and was able to drive to another location to report the situation. Deputies responded to the Beacon Drive address to investigate the report. When they arrived, Hook was not at the residence, but he arrived a short time later.
After interviewing witnesses and the victim, investigators determined that there was reason to believe that Hook was the person who fired the gun at the victim. He was taken into custody and transported to the jail. This is Hook’s third arrest.
The investigation continues.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday