|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 11:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 11:50 AM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A St. Petersburg woman faces attempted murder charges after telling police she caused a car crash to try to kill herself and a 2-year-old boy.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/12g7Nrj ) reports the crash happened about 10:30 a.m. Monday in Clearwater.
Police say 39-year-old Tiffany Drake told responding officers that she drove her vehicle into the rear of a Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority vehicle.
Drake and the child didn't appear injured, but the boy was taken to the hospital for observation. The other driver received minor injuries and his passenger was taken to the hospital with more serious injuries.
Police say Drake "stepped on the gas" and reached speeds of up to 50 mph before "intentionally ramming" the other car.
The relationship between Drake and the child was not disclosed.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme