|Published:||Apr 30, 2013 11:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 11:19 PM EDT|
SANIBEL ISLAND, Fla.- The Sanibel Police Department is alerting the public that today, Thursday, April 30th, there have been 8 reported vehicle burglaries on the east end of island at the condominiums at 671 and 685 East Gulf Drive, and 200 and 255 East Periwinkle Way. ALL VEHICLES WERE UNLOCKED.
Major Phillips said "All burglarized vehicles were unlocked and advised all to keep the windows rolled up and the cars locked, even if it's parked at your own residence". Remove any items that look valuable from the passenger compartment and place in trunk to keep them hidden. That includes backpacks, briefcases, cell phones and laptop computers.
If you have any information that can assist the Police Department with this investigation, please contact Detective Mark Steele at 472-3111, ext. 237 or anonymously report information with a text message through Crime Tips.
- Deputies arrest youth football coach on drug charges
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire