|Published:||Apr 29, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2013 1:07 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The State Attorney's Office filed two misdemeanor charges against Edward Pope, a former State Trooper of the Year.
The charges relate to Pope's campaign for Charlotte County Sheriff last year. Court documents from the State say Pope made a false statement to investigators about raffle tickets, saying they were actually entrance tickets to a campaign event.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash