|Published:||Apr 29, 2013 11:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2013 12:18 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - Southwest Florida Democrats are getting ready to rally to show their support for Hillary Clinton.
The former Secretary of State will be in Naples Tuesday speaking at a private event at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort.
The national grassroots group "Ready for Hillary" organized a rally through Facebook. They want to show Clinton they will support her if she decides to run for president in 2016.
Fidelity Insurance based in Boston hired Clinton to speak at their annual conference, which is held in different locations throughout Florida each year. A spokesperson with Fidelity says past speakers have included former presidents and secretary of states.
FGCU political science professor Peter Bergerson says while Clinton's visit is not about politics, it is political and strategic.
"Part of winning a campaign is starting early, raising money having an organization," says Bergerson. "There's a lot of campaign supporters here and a lot of money to be raised particularly in SWFL and so she's not going to necessarily be raising money tomorrow but if she does decide to run she's established those contacts."
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes