|Published:||Apr 29, 2013 10:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2013 11:34 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla - The Naples Police Department says the woman hit by a car in Naples has died.
NAPLES, Fla - UPDATE 10:41p.m. Frank Goodlette Road is now back open to traffic and the scene has been cleared.
EARLIER STORY -Goodlette Frank Road is shut down at 5th Avenue North while Naples Police investigate a pedestrian versus vehicle accident.
A spokesperson with the police department says the woman was walking down the street when she was hit by a car.
The woman was taken to the hospital. Her condition is unknown at this time, but a spokesperson with the Naples Police Department says it does not appear that the woman will make it.
The crash happened at 8:30 Monday night. Two hours later, several police officers were still working to measure and map out the scene.
Stay with WINK News for the very latest information
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking