|Published:||Apr 29, 2013 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2013 12:07 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The remains of an estimated 10-year-old, uncollared, female panther were collected on Sunday on CR846, about 2.3 miles west of County Line Rd. This is the 9th panther mortality and the 6th road mortality for 2013.
The cause of death was vehicle collision.
The carcass is at the FWC Naples Field Office and will be transported to the FWC Gainesville lab for necropsy. The remains will be archived at the FL Museum of Natural History.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft