|Published:||Apr 29, 2013 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2013 12:07 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The remains of an estimated 10-year-old, uncollared, female panther were collected on Sunday on CR846, about 2.3 miles west of County Line Rd. This is the 9th panther mortality and the 6th road mortality for 2013.
The cause of death was vehicle collision.
The carcass is at the FWC Naples Field Office and will be transported to the FWC Gainesville lab for necropsy. The remains will be archived at the FL Museum of Natural History.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions