|Published:||Apr 28, 2013 8:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2013 9:38 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, FLA. -- With gorgeous weather in the forecast, head to Fort Myers Beach to The Ultimate Water Games. The event will feature Outrigger Canoe and Paddleboard races within 150 feet of the famed white sand shoreline of Ft. Myers Beach in front of the Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina. The event kicks off at 9:30 Sunday morning.
The Outrigger Canoe event is 16.4 miles in length. Six member Outrigger canoe teams will race for prize money on a course that parallels the shore line of Ft. Myers Beach's northern point.
Two of the top Outrigger teams, HUKI CALIFORNIA from Sacramento, CA, and KAI ANIANI from Clearwater are sending full teams in the hope of winning top honors among the many expected to compete in this exciting four-hour Outrigger program.
The Paddleboard competition will feature individuals racing around a quarter mile oval on the Gulf of Mexico next to the Pink Shell Beach. The race is 2.5 miles with obstacle challenges for paddlers. Six member collegiate relay teams will compete from regional colleges and universities.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft