|Published:||Apr 28, 2013 9:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2013 9:52 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Sanibel Community Church is speaking out about child porn charges brought against one of its members, Charles Nave III, known to the community as Chad.
Nave's mother Barb is an associate pastor at the church.
A statement from Pastor Daryl Donovan says,
"We are shocked and deeply grieved by what has transpired. We in no way condone or support what Chad has done. We do however stand in support of his family. The charge is that Chad obtained child pornographic materials on the Internet and passed these images to others.
The Federal Court hes stringent guidelines in force with the best interest of the public's protection as the highest priority. An electronic monitor has been attached to Chad and he is under house arrest. Just to state clearly...he will not cross onto the property of SCC or any other church, school or public property. Any movement outside of the home must be pre-approved by a Federal Officer and a court appointed guardian must accompany him.
We ask for your prayers at this time."
Nave faces multiple child pornography charges.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Landlord accused in lead paint case