|Published:||Apr 27, 2013 5:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2013 5:42 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The attorneys in the Trayvon Martin shooting case will address the media at an Associated Press event in Orlando.
Benjamin Crump, the attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents, and George Zimmerman's defense attorney, Mark O'Mara, will attend the Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Banquet on Saturday. They will be speaking about the role social media has played in the case that led to nationwide protests.
Martin was fatally shot in February 2012 during a confrontation with Zimmerman in a subdivision in Sanford, about 30 miles north of Orlando.
Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death. Zimmerman says he was attacked and acted in self-defense. Martin's family says Zimmerman targeted the unarmed 17-year-old mainly because Martin was black. Zimmerman's parents are white and Hispanic.
Zimmerman's trial is in June.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes